Hardwood Floors in Huntsville, AL
Hardwood flooring is a classic choice for most homeowners due to its natural beauty and value. However, it takes commitment to careful selection and some regular maintenance. Fortunately, more well-made, affordable, and beautiful types of hardwood flooring are available than ever.
If you’re looking for hardwood flooring near you in Huntsville, AL, visit our local Carpet One Floor & Home! Our flooring experts will assist you in every step of the journey.
Ready to find the hardwood flooring of your dreams? Here are some key factors to consider when shopping for your floors!
What Types of Hardwood Floors Do You Offer?
The wood species and how it's cut are a big part of choosing hardwood types and styles.
Here at Carpet One in Huntsville, AL, we offer a variety of trending and timeless hardwood styles and a wide range of hardwood species to fit every homeowner’s preference. We offer the following:
Best Hardwood Species
- Red Oak
- White Oak
- Red Maple
Best Hardwood Styles
- Rustic & weathered planks.
- Grey, coastal colors
- High-gloss, dark stains
- Natural, wide planks
- Custom hardwood flooring layouts
What is The Difference Between Solid & Engineered Hardwood?
When it comes to choosing your hardwood flooring, there’s no substitute for the in-person experience.
However, the difference between solid and engineered hardwood floors based on appearances can be deceiving! Here’s a closer look at the differences between each.
Solid Hardwood Flooring
- Natural: solid hardwood planks are made from one solid piece of wood from top to bottom.
- Variety: Solid planks can be refinished multiple times to extend their life and change your floor's style and/or color.
- ROI: While installing solid hardwood floors is a large investment up-front, it will add instant value to the home.
- Moisture-Prone: Solid hardwood performs best when installed above or on grade and can even be sanded and refinished.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring
- More Durable: Engineered hardwood planks are made of multiple layers of composite wood with grains running in different directions to increase stability.
- Moisture Resistant: At the surface is a premium hardwood veneer. This allows the floors to resist expanding and contracting due to fluctuating temperatures and humidity.
- Variety: Engineered planks can usually be refinished a few times to extend their life in your home. This depends on how thick the top hardwood veneer is.
- Installation: Thanks to its durable and water-resistant nature, engineered planks can be installed where solid hardwood can’t, e.g., in kitchens and basements.
- Lower ROI: Because engineered hardwood flooring is not constructed completely with solid hardwood, there is less value.
Can Humidity Damage My Hardwood Floors?
We’re all familiar with the effects of the Alabama heat and humidity.
And, unfortunately for our hardwood floors, humidity can cause long-term and potentially permanent damage to hardwood flooring. Wood is naturally porous, and moisture can cause your hardwood planks to buckle, cup, shrink, expand, and contract.
Fortunately, there are many things you can do to keep your hardwood floors safe and stylish for years to come:
- Install a hygrometer with your HVAC system to monitor the humidity levels in your home.
- Run a humidifier during dry seasons.
- Run a dehumidifier during humid seasons.
- Keep a consistent relative humidity of your home between 30% to 50%.
Where Can Hardwood Floors Be Installed?
When installing hardwood flooring inside the home, it’s best to consider its placement.
As a rule, hardwood flooring should only be installed indoors. Also, be aware of the moisture level and the amount of wear and tear your floors might incur due to foot traffic.
Where to Install Solid Hardwood Floors:
- Living rooms
- Home offices
- Office Spaces
Where to Install Engineered Hardwood Floors:
- Finished Basements
- Family Rooms
Where Can I Shop Hardwood Flooring Near Me in Huntsville, AL?
If you are looking for quality hardwood flooring in Huntsville, Alabama, look no further than Carpet One Floor & Home. As your local hardwood flooring store in Huntsville, AL, we have you covered with all the best hardwood products and services, including hardwood refinishing.
From the best hardwood flooring brands to great prices and deals, we are your local destination for quality products and services! Visit our showroom to view our flooring displays today.